RoR Regional Leagues – All RoR Registered
The RoR Regional Leagues in Dressage, Showjumping, Arena Eventing and Combined Training continue in 2017, following a successful first year in 2015 and our inaugural Regional League Finals held at the RoR National Championship Show at Aintree in August 2016.
The Regional Leagues are running in 2017 at participating venues across the country.
The aim of this national initiative is to encourage riders at every level to take part in local competitions with their former racehorses with the chance to earn points in Dressage, Showjumping, Combined Training and Arena Eventing at both affiliated and unaffiliated competitions as well as giving the top ten in each RoR region, in affiliated and unaffiliated, the opportunity to qualify for the RoR National Championship Show in 2018.
All competitors returning Performance Score sheets are eligible to compete at the South East Region Championship Show in September 2017.
To take part you must register for the league by completing and returning the RoR Regional League Registration Form. Once registered you will then be sent back the RoR Regional League Performance Sheets, together with Information for Competitors. Note: Your region will be allocated as per your registered RoR address. You will be sent a list of Participating Venues.
The final results for the RoR Regional Leagues will be announced early in 2018 but interim tables will be published every three months. The final results for 2016 are on the attachment below.
There is a prize for the highest point scorer in affiliated and the same for unaffiliated. In 2017, rosettes will be awarded to 10th place in each region, for affiliated and unaffiliated. The top ten in each region in affiliated and unaffiliated, qualify for the RoR Regional League Finals in 2018.
For enquiries regarding the RoR Regional League please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
RoR eligibility: Horses must be registered with RoR.
For enquiries regarding the RoR League please e-mail email@example.com
RoR eligibility: For horses that have raced or not raced in GB. Horses must be registered with RoR.
Overview of the competition information
- Horses and Riders must be registered with RoR Your horse must be registered with RoR under the Competition membership.
- Aims of the Leagues – to provide accessible grassroots competition to RoR registered horses across the country and to promote retrained racehorses as sport/competition horses.
- To provide a competitive element for those wanting to progress and compete at higher levels.
- To give everybody a chance of qualifying for and competing in the Regional League Finals at the RoR National Championship Show.
- Competition can be Affiliated OR Unaffiliated.
- From 2017 Riders must declare which section they intend to compete in – Affiliated OR Unaffiliated.
- Competitors may submit scores for Affiliated and Unaffiliated, but must send two separate and clearly marked sheets. There will be a total for Affiliated and a total for Unaffiliated, you will no longer be able to count both towards your overall score.
- Affiliated means British Dressage and British Showjumping, including BS Club League
- Team Quest scores count as unaffiliated as long as the competitor has Team Quest membership only.
- Riding Club scores count as unaffiliated.
- Points to be awarded by competing in:
- Show Jumping
- Combined Training
- Arena Eventing.
- Points can be collected whilst competing at Participating Venues.
- Participating Venues – these are Equestrian Centres, Riding Clubs, Shows and Events whose Organiser/Secretary has previously been invited to, and has agreed to, take part in the RoR Regional Leagues. (Suggestions for new venues are welcome, please email firstname.lastname@example.org )
- List of Participating Venues available with registration and on our website.
- Competitors are responsible for collecting the relevant signature from the show organizer or secretary.
- Points can be collected at any participating venue, but will only count to the Region of the competitor’s post code.
- Final scores and winners to be announced by the end of January 2018.
- All registrations via email email@example.com
- All Performance sheets via email firstname.lastname@example.org
- All scoring will be done independently and centrally via email@example.com
- There will be a Regional League Score Board on the website, which will be updated every three months.
- Upon registration, competitors will receive their Performance Score sheets and a list of Participating Venues.
- Competitors are totally responsible for collecting signature from the Event Secretary/Organiser as proof of their score/participation, on the day of the competition. (It is suggested that you store your sheets safely in a plastic folder in your vehicle)
- Performance Sheets to be returned via email to firstname.lastname@example.org for independent scoring, every three months or the date on the relevant sheet.
For Show Jumping (SJ), Combined Training (CT) and Arena Eventing (AE) – 11 points for 1st place scaling down to 2 points for 10th place.
Those completing and finishing 11th and below will be awarded 1 point.
Elimination – No points.
For the above classes, please insert the correct height in the relevant box.
Do not enter your dressage score for Combined Training results – either place a tick in the relevant box or your overall placing.
For Dressage (D) – please write your percentage in the relevant box:
I = Intro, P = Prelim, N = Novice and E = Elementary, O = Other (Medium or above and DTM classes, please indicate which)
Points are awarded on your percentage as follows – marks up to and including 60.00% score 1 point rising to a maximum score of 16 points for 75.00% and above.
|Dressage||SJ, CT & AE|
|Up to 60||1||71||12||1st||11|
Elimination in any of the above – Zero score.
- The winners and final scores for each Region to be announced by end of January 2018.
- Prize for the highest placed point scorer in affiliated and unaffiliated in each Region.
- In 2017 the top ten in each region in affiliated and top ten in unaffiliated qualify for RoR National Championship show in 2018
- Rosettes to top ten overall in each Region.
- RoR reserves the right to expand or restrict the prize structure.
- All competitors submitting Performance Score sheets are eligible to compete in Non Championship classes at the RoR National Championship Show 2018
- All competitors submitting Performance Score sheets for UNAFFILIATED competition are eligible to compete at the RoR South East Region Unaffiliated Championship Show at Pachesham in September 2017, for more detail contact email@example.com (put SE Champ Show in subject bar).
- Highest placed point scoring combinations from Arena Eventing and Combined Training 2016 also qualify for the RoR FLOORS CASTLE 3 Phase Challenge Final held at FLOORS CASTLE Horse Trials, Kelso, Roxburghshire in May 2016. Competitors are entirely responsible for their own entries to this Final. More detail available from firstname.lastname@example.org (put 3 Phase Final in subject bar).
- Winners of Championship classes at the RoR National Championship Show at Aintree in 2016, provided they have registered and are submitting Performance Score sheets for 2017, are automatically qualified for the Regional League Finals in 2017, but must compete at the next level. Ie in Dressage, the Prelim winner in 2016 is no longer eligible to compete in Prelim at the 2017 Final and so on, and in Show Jumping, the 80cm SJ winner must compete at the next level and is no longer eligible to compete in 80cm at the 2017 Final and so on.
The rules of RoR are final.
Good luck and we hope that many of you will take part!
Amateur Ridden Show Series Qualifier
1st JOEY PERHAPS – Georgina Afonso
2nd CAMERA SHY – Helen Brennan
3rd MARLEYANDME – Hannah Jacobs
4th STILL LEARNING – Sarah Gadd
Open In-Hand Show Series Qualifier
1st BRAVE DECISION – Imogen Williamson
2nd TOTHEMOONANDBACK – Shane Francis
3rd REE’S RASCAL – Victoria Joyce
4th GREEN EARTH – Kathleen Bottin
1st SAUCY BUCK – JO SELLARS WAYMARK 63.26%
2nd CARMEN CONCERTO – JO SELLARS WAYMARK 62.60%
1st MUMMAATHEL – GAELANN EAST 70%
2nd DAINTY DAVE – RACHEL DORRELL (65) 64.78%
1st HARLECH CASTLE – LORRAINE BAILEY 59.78%
1st MUMMAATHEL 67.88%
2nd HIGH PADDY – ALEX CAREY 64.23%
1st JIMMY BOND – GEORGE BROWNE 63.63%
1st MEDBURN SINGER – FIONA JOPLING 68.70%
2nd SHARP DISCOVERY – CLAIRE MILLER 65.80%
FREESTYLE TO MUSIC
1st SHARP DISCOVERY 69.16
2nd SALVIANO – SUE DAVIS 65.76%
PICK YOUR OWN TEST
1st ITS HOLLYWOOD – CAMILLA MULHOLLAND 65.80%
2nd BUMBLE BE – VICTORIA POPE 62.75%
1st MEDBURN SINGER 66.72
2nd TWELVE APOSTLES 63.79%
1st DAINTY DAVE
1st COLD BLOW DEN – LAUREN FAGGETTER
1st DAINTY DAVE
2nd HOLLY – CAT SALISBURY
1st GAUL WOOD – MONICA HEISE
2nd TWELVE APOSTLES
1ST HIGH OFFICE – SARA HADDOW
1st SAUCY BUCK
2nd SMIRFACON – JULIA BULLOCK
1st ITS HOLLYWOOD
2nd CHARTPLAN – KATHERINE STEVENS